Swimwear season is upon us!!! And I am absolutely DREADING IT. I can't help that it makes me feel nauseous and nervous. Shopping for the perfect swimsuit can be one of the most heartbreaking, nerve wrecking, and depressing things any girl can do. One girl after another slips into the Target dressing room (you know what I'm talking about) to tuck themselves into the seasons hottest pieces and then bow their heads ashamed, barely able to meet their own eyes, as they quickly peel it off and put on another just to feel the same. I know, I've been there. As a thick chick myself I avoid bathing suit shopping as long as I can before facing the inevitable. I'm not saying that curvy women can't rock it poolside, (Oh, they can) it's just that I know how hard it can be to gain the courage to wear my swim suit publicly without a pair of shorts and a tank top. For the first time ever last year I bought a two piece. It was a lovely turquoise halter top with high wasted bottoms. Unfortunately I was not able to go swimming ONCE last summer but I plan to more than make up for it this year. I also plan on posting pics for proof ;p If I can face my fear and show off my bodacious booty and layout to try to tan my tummy regardless of stretch marks, SO CAN YOU!!!!
Below are some images of model Tess Holliday and let me just say she looks SMOKIN'! These bathing suits compliment her figure and accentuate her body perfectly. My guess is that she didn't find the perfect pool-side attire the first time. And, like the rest of us, had her moments of dressing-room tears. I recommend doing some swimsuit research to see what style would look best on you and then go try one on!!! I advise that you buy swimwear in store so that way you can be sure that it fits. Never be ashamed of going a size up. It's so much more important to wear apparel that fits you than to worry about the number of X's on the hanger. Your Boo-tay-tay may require some extra fabric to cover it's awesome-ness. The girls might need a top with more support. That's nothing to be ashamed of. It means you are shopping and dressing for YOU, not the people around you.
http://www.lasprovincias.es/multimedia/201501/29/media/tess/tess-munster%20(2).jpg
http://www.chardline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tess.jpg


No comments:
Post a Comment